This afternoon with pleasent company and help of my colleague Dr. Francsico Javier Garcia Martinez (Last year Resident Dermatologist Santiago de Compostela ) we have had an interesting case.
A 5 old year girl complained about plantar pain an nodule for 6 months.
The plantar nodule was evident and increased and decreased depending on weeks.
An ultrasound of the painful area was performed
COMMENT OF CUTANEOUS US
- A dermal-subdermal hyperchoic structure, surounded by a hypoechoic halo, with posterior shadowing was evident.
- Suspicion diagnosis of foreign body was stabished. Mother was explained about observation or extraction and conservative approach was adopted
TAKE HOME MESSAGE
- Ultrasound is useful in the diagnosis of subcuraneous lesions
- Artifacts as posterior acoustic shadowing are useful when establishing siagnosis of slid foreign bodies
- Follow up and foreign body extraction is easier guided by ultrasound